Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A Simplistic Chicken Breast Recipe

    Today I would like to share with you the simple first recipe Jennifer taught me: Chicken Breast. Its a classically easy meal and pairs well with so many sides, its a perfect first dish to learn (if you exclude all the recipes she shared or showed me that my pea sized brain forget 😅). I won't give you a complicated back story or tell you how "chicken saved my life!" No. This may be a food/fitness blog but I know you want the receipe so I'll cut to the chase.

Chicken Breast (skinless)

    First thing you want to do is find the chicken breast that works for you. I prefer the Aldi's chicken breast (skinless) but due to poor weather at the time, I went with Hy-Vee for convenience. 

    The next thing you want to do is pull them out of the packaging and onto a baking pan with each meaty part opposite of the one next to it. From there you add your own preferred amount of salt and pepper. Then lastly, you add the seasoning of your choice. Tonight, I used Chicago steak seasoning but I also enjoy lemon pepper, garlic parmesan and even using ranch or taco seasoning packets to season my chicken! Once I got comfortable making it with salt and pepper, I started experimenting and you're welcome to do the same thing! Make sure you add seasoning to both the top and bottom sides of the chicken breast. You don't want to have a half seasoned chicken!

    Once you have the chicken breast seasoned, its ready to go in the oven. Yes! It's so easy, I'm ashamed I didn't know this recipe sooner! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and put this chicken breast in for 60 minutes. Make sure you monitor your chicken as all stoves cook differently. From here you should have a picture perfect masterpiece of meat before you. Bon appetite!

    P.S. If you're not pouring that seasoned, delicious juice on the chicken breasts, you're not eating it right. It adds so much flavor and it comes right from the chicken so make sure you do just that.

    Thank you for reading my recipe and I hope you enjoyed what you found here today. Let me know on social media how you season your chicken breast (Instagram: phatlovefit)! I'm always on the lookout for new ways to try it.

    Ingredients

  • Chicken Breast (skinless)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Chicago Steak Seasoning (use seasoning of choice)

    Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Prepare chicken on baking pan with thicker meaty sides opposite the one next to it (refer to above pictures for reference)
  3. Add salt, pepper and seasoning of choice to both top and bottom side of chicken breast
  4. Cook at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until cooked all the way through

    Until next time, friends, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment