Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2021

Doctors Visit

     So my annual doctor visit came around this past week and with no surprise, I am still fat and need to do work to improve. Before anyone gets upset at that phrasing, I do not find the word 'fat' to be a bad one. It describes your body type, albeit not in a charming way, which is all I am doing. That being said, my doctor did not outright tell me I'm fat or use any body describing words. I like my doctor because he tells me about my health and not about my weight. He will mention losing weight would help but never using descriptors in regards to my body.

    So how did my visit go? Overall well. I still have high blood pressure but because of it staying high, even on my high blood pressure pills, my doctor is going to increase the dosage of my pills and encourage me to continue working on my health. He also told me that several numbers that were high have gone down. Not by a lot, mostly by less than 1.0, but they are going down. 

    I do not expect things to change overnight but I did expect better results to come back. I am still pre diabetic so I'm riding that line (though the doctor did say those numbers got better). I just thought that by starting to cook chicken breast at home and eating out less, my health would start getting better automatically. I honestly don't understand why eating out less hasn't shown me any results. I guess I have to try harder to implement exercise with my eating out less to really see those results. 

    We discussed a few other things and then we decided on doing another bloodwork test in April with a follow-up visit in March but I just can't help but feel frustrated that I still have almost nothing to show for my efforts. I know it's a lot to ask and honestly, none of this would be an issue if I had been raised with better foods in my diet but nevertheless, as an adult, it's up to me to make these changes and I will.

    Not a long post today, just wanted to discuss the few things we talked about and let you know that I am making progress, albeit one smaller than expected step at a time.

    Until next time, friends, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment